Monday, November 18, 2013

Great Scouts Make Great Missionaries

The following are excerpts from Sister Mohler's letter to her younger brother:
Field trip to COSTCO!

11/11/13


The scout trip sounds like it was a lot of fun! I think scouting is the coolest thing a boy can do! The Thomas S. Monson award sounds really neat! I am excited to see it. : ) I am glad you are working hard. At our last zone conference our mission president showed us some clips from the 100 Years of Scouting program at the Conference Center. It was really good! If you haven’t already seen it you should ask Mom or Dad to look it up online for you. It might be on lds.org. The mission president also asked all of the Elders to stand up and recite the Scout Oath, Scout Motto, and Scout Slogan. When they did that I thought of you, M, J, and C being missionaries someday.  Great boy scouts make great missionaries.

It is starting to get really cold now. The leaves have almost all fallen and it is snowing right now! It is crazy! Something weird-but awesome-is that there is huge, loud thunder when it snows here. The house that I live in has a very steep driveway so it gets very icy and dangerous in the winter. Sister Clark and I are going to move on Wednesday! We are going to live in a house with 4 other sister missionaries. 
 (my mailing address will not change)

I will give you some good news: since I wrote Mom last we have found SIX new investigators! And three of them came to church on Sunday!!! We are really excited to see our hard work pay off. I also sang a solo in Sacrament meeting. I was really nervous considering I’ve never done that before, but I didn’t suck too bad and the ward and our investigators gave me a lot of compliments.

Eerie Lake Erie
Most of the funny things that happen are inside jokes, so you wouldn’t think them funny, but know that we are keepin’ it real out here in Cleveland…even though I’m not even close to Cleveland…it just sounds more thug than Kirtland.

I miss all of you so so so much! Everything reminds me of my family. Sometimes I just want to come home, but then I remember that would just be silly. I really love hand-written letters and am very appreciative of each one, even if I don’t respond very quickly.

Well, it’s late and I am tired! Love you!


Sister Mohler

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis